Friday, December 5, 2008

Another "I'd Like To Include My Dog" Cake



It's an interesting phenomenon, what I like to call the "I'd like to include my dog" cake. We've written on the topic before on the blog, in a post aptly called "The I'd Like to Include My Dog Cakes". As we're seeing in a recent and also upcoming orders for next year, the request to include one's pet dog is alive and well here at cakelava HQ. Most recently, earlier this week, when our client Patrick and his fiancee wanted to feature their adorable Boston Terrier and Chihuahua on their wedding cake. At the time of the request, their cake for their intimate wedding had already been designed with the top tier all bamboo and handcrafted tropical flowers in sunset colors and a pair of custom slippers (flip flops to mainland folks) toppers. We weren't sure at the time what Rick would choose for the bottom tier, but then the request to include their two dogs came in and we knew the right design for the bottom was to keep it plain
so as not to clutter the cake. Our Seattle-based couple went with our Hawaii Five-0 flavor to serve as dessert to their guests. Rick and I were glad to have met our couple at their reception because we had been communicating with them long distance and they were so appreciative of the cake when they saw it. Getting to witness someone's reaction is such a rewarding part of our business! We wish them many happy years together and a safe flight back to Seattle.

Aloha, til next time!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great solution to add in the little guys. The colors on the cake are absolutely gorgeous. Makes me long for somewhere warm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...