Thursday, August 14, 2008

Barack Obama Cakes

The town of Kailua, where cakelava is based, has been abuzz since last Friday when U.S. Senator Barack Obama arrived with his family to vacation on Oahu. He is staying at a huge estate on Kailua Beach, where tourists camp outside hoping to catch a glimpse of him. Every day in the paper you can read where he dined the night before, where he stopped for shave ice (Island Snow, in Kailua, by the way) where he played golf. He's visited many spots we frequent in Kailua but we've yet to see him, and he leaves tomorrow.

I don't want to add to the Barack Obama as celebrity hoopla, but there is an electricity here that I haven't witnessed in quite some time. It got me thinking about Barack Obama cakes and wondered how many were out there. I did a little research and let's just say I don't have enough time to look at all the Obama cakes in existence. Here are several culled from various sources on the internet. I tried my best to be respectful of any photo distributing rights, and for that reason there are a few good ones intentionally eliminated from the group.

We would like to acknowledge the site my.barackobama.com where we found some of the photos and a wealth of information.

Enjoy!








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...