Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Graduation cake for Dr. Chantel ... and a BIG announcement!


Boy, what an insane weekend this was! On top of having cake orders nearing the double digits, we took yesterday off in observance of Rick's birthday (which is actually today ... and he's working) so now emails are piled up in the inbox and there plenty of phone calls to return. It's gonna be a long day. Where is the aspirin when we need it? I thought it most appropriate to include a cake we made a little over a week ago, in honor of Dr. Chantel's graduation from Pharmacy school.

*******************************************************************
We are extremely excited to announce that starting *tomorrow* for 2-days, we will run a 2-part interview with the one and only Wreck-tasticly Amusing Jen of Cake Wrecks. I had the great pleasure to interview Jen this past week for our blog, which will kick off our series of Interviews with fascinating people in the cake and wedding industry.

If you want to learn more about our first Interview "victim", and her fantastic site, Cake Wrecks, check it out, we have it linked on our site, and prepare to laugh HARD! Jen has been previously profiled on our blog in a post called "Fun on the 4th". Here are just a few of the many hilarious cakes you'll find on her site.

All photos courtesy of Cake Wrecks

Not my birthday cake... not my birthday cake, (and NOT made by Rick ;-) but I couldn't resist posting this one!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh, am I fascinating enough to be interviewed?!?! I am so happy for you and your business and the beautiful cakes that Rick puts out. I only wish you were still in LA (OK, not really, Hawaii is MUCH better) and I would have an order every week for you!!!!
Stephanie

cakelava said...

Hey Stephanie! Are you kidding?! I'd love to interview you! Just say when and where! As one of L.A.'s best, not to mention our wedding coordinator, I know you'd have plenty of stories to share. We miss you!!

Sasha & Rick

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...