Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Melinda and Benjamin's cake


Melinda and Benjamin were married in July at the beautiful Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore of Oahu. Their reception was held in the Sunset Room which overlooks the ocean and the grounds of the resort. Melinda was inspired by a cake we made for our bride Bianca which can be seen on cakelava.com and is shown below. She enjoyed the different shapes and heights of the tiers and like Bianca's cake, she wanted buttercream icing and delicate piping. Her colors were chocolate brown and baby blue and she didn't want any dimensional flowers on the cake. We went for contemporary elegance with her cake, adding only the slightest hint of Hawaiian influence, which came from the honu (Hawaiian sea turtle) on her invitation which we used in the center of the second tier, and the conceptual plumeria flower pattern on the 3rd tier.



The couple's invitation is shown above. Note the honu design between their names. Oh, and those whitish colored spots near the top of the invitation, that's just a little buttercream icing courtesy of Rick.


Melinda and Benjamin chose our Banana Nutella and Kona Toffee Crunch flavors to serve their guests. Two of our popular flavors (which taste great together!). I have been meaning to write about Melinda's cake for some time now, and was recently reminded how much we enjoyed working with Melinda and Benjamin, when we received this ultra-sweet handwritten note from the couple:

Hi Sasha & Rick!

I just wanted to say thank you so much for a really BEAUTIFUL cake!! I loved everything about it! From the color, to the design - it truly was what I had in mind for my wedding day and I thank you for making it a reality for me. Everyone at the wedding could not stop taking pictures or talking about it! I didn't want to ruin it by cutting into it! But when I finally did, I have to say that it was amazingly delicious and I'm so glad I got to try out 2 flavors. Thank you for being so great to work with. I truly appreciate how responsive you were to my needs and for your kindness. I regret not being able to meet you in person but please take this card as a big hug and a "will-never-forget" type deal!

Take care,

Melinda C.


Melinda and Benjamin, please take this post as our big hug and "will-never-forget" type deal. You guys were great to work with and we wish you both the best in your new life together!

- Sasha & Rick

See Melinda and Bianca's wedding cakes and many others on cakelava.com.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...