Monday, September 8, 2008

"When I'm 64" -- Dan's Birthday Bash




Remember the Beatles' song "When I'm 64"?

"When I get older, losing my hair, many years from now. Will you be sending me a valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine.... will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64."

On Friday night, my Aunt Sue threw her husband Dan a "When I'm 64" themed birthday bash. She wanted his 64th to be extra special since next year they will be moving to the mainland and wouldn't be able to celebrate his 65th with loved ones here. Sue gathered together many of Dan's favorite people (us included) and things and threw him a birthday he would never forget. She hired one of their favorite bands, Saloon Pilots, who are a fantastic local bluegrass band (check out their myspace page) to play, had a rootbeer tasting contest since Dan brews his own, a carpentry sawing/drilling contest, dinner was served and 2 sculpted cakes for dessert!

Sue hired cakelava to make Dan's interest cakes, one was a replica of his beautful blue 2004 Corvette and a plane he is planning to build once they move to the mainland. Both the cakes were a huge hit with the guests and the band and several people went back for seconds to try the other flavor. The sculpted 'vette was Banana Blueberry Mascarpone and plane was Mixed Berries Chantilly flavor. When it was time to blow out the candles, Dan placed the candles in the back of his Corvette so it looked like flames were coming out of it. We had a blast at the birthday bash and hope Dan had the most memorable birthday ever!

See both of Dan's cakes and many other sculpted cakes on cakelava.com


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...